CHRISTIANITY TODAY BLOG: Are they fabricating a Brit Hume thread?

Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2009 | Posted by Chico Brisbane | Labels: , ,


In all of my ultra left-wing liberal rhetoric, I have always made an effort to stay clear of the evangelical right just incase there really is a God. Yet today I have become very suspicious of the "Christianity Today" Blog and a running thread regarding Brit Hume leaving Fox News. I had visited the blog and even posted a message Christmas Eve, but I was shocked to see that instead of posting my message to the thread, they altered it entirely and have me praising Brit "Frickin' Hume as if he was the greating anchorman to ever walk the earth.

As I continued to browse through what others had to say about the Brit Hume thread, I noticed a strange series of commonality between many of the post including the one that I supposedly wrote. Let me use a couple of question marks in true Fox fashion.


Would a widely respected Christian blog fabricate posted messages for the benefit of they're own ego or that of Fox News or Brit Hume himself?


Below are examples of suspicious post in the Brit Hume thread that I am referring to:


(Identical Post 4 days apart)

Posted by: Fran at November 5, 2008
We're really saddened to hear of Brit's departure!We always loved his pompous, professorial looking down at you while staring, over his half glasses at you while at the same time he had that slight grin as if he were laughing at himself.We personally despise arrogance in anybody, and this man doesn't have an arrogant bone in his body.


Posted by: Rich and Carol at November 9, 2008
We're really saddened to hear of Brit's departure!We always loved his pompous, professorial looking down at you while staring, over his half glasses at you while at the same time he had that slight grin as if he were laughing at himself.We personally despise arrogance in anybody, and this man doesn't have an arrogant bone in his body.

_____________________________________________________


(Commonalities to coincidental to ignore)
Posted by: Opal at October 30, 2008
The bright spot in my day was the Fox News Show anchored by Mr. Hume. His calm demeanor, occasional wit, incisive questions always held my interest. He presented the news in a balanced fashion, yet exposed fallacies of reporting errors. He never seemed to present himself as the "authority". Most of all, his repartee with the panel of contributors, was always thought provoking. He will be missed.


Posted by: Catherine at November 4, 2008
I just heard Brit Hume's departure during the Presidential Election coverage on Fox News. I have never been so shocked, saddened and disappointed with an anchorman leaving his chair. I've watched and recorded "Special Report with Brit Hume" every single day for years.
As one who watches Fox news religiously, Brit Hume's departure from Fox comes as a shock. I have always liked Brit Hume's approach to the news, and learning about his Christian faith explains it. He definitely had a demeanor that was unique, inviting, and respectable.


Posted by: Rich and Carol at November 9, 2008
We're really saddened to hear of Brit's departure!We always loved his pompous, professorial looking down at you while staring, over his half glasses at you while at the same time he had that slight grin as if he were laughing at himself.


Posted by: Peter Lujan at November 4, 2008
While I'm not a particular fan of FoxNews, I always liked the timbre of Brit's voice and his demeanor. I just learned tonight that he's leaving and about losing his son. I cannot even imagine what that must be like. I wish you and your family God speed Brit, you will be missed.


Posted by: Timmy at November 3, 2008
I am very sad to learn of Brit's departure from FoxNews. I depended on him to tell the truth to listeners of Fox. I wish you well in your quest and I know that God will be with you all the way. We will continue to pray for you and our nation. Thanks for your time with all of us.


Posted by: Chico Brisbane at December 24, 2008
I will miss Brit Hume too. He was a man that had a calm demeanor when he delivered the news. I thought that he was a Christian, but didn't know it until recently. I thoroughly enjoyed his coverage of the 2008 Presidential election. He was a true man of God, a man of character. I wish there were more news anchors like him. God blees you and your family, Brit. You will be in our prayers.

Posted by: Mary Lynne at November 4, 2008
I'm sad to hear about Brit Hume's departure from Fox, but I am happy for him. He has been a bright light on Fox. He will be missed.