Inox Pressure Cooker Used In Boston Marathon Bombing

Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 | Posted by Chico Brisbane | Labels: ,

It always seems to be the smallest piece of evidence that undose these crazy bombers. Like in the case of the Times Square bomber Faisal Shahzad who was so sloppy, he may as well have left his drivers licence on the front seat of his failed truck bomb.

The photo below obtained by CNN showed the remains of a pressure cooker found at the scene, along with a shredded black backpack and what appear to be metal pellets or ball bearings. A federal law enforcement source told CNN the photos were included in a bulletin sent to federal law enforcement agencies.

The pieces recovered so far suggest the devices, which were identical, could carry 6 liters (1.5 gallons) of liquid apiece, a Boston law enforcement source said. The parts found include a partial circuit board, which would be used to detonate a device.

When I first saw the photo of a fragment of the pressure cooker, I was drawn to the "INOX" lettering that was ingraved on the metal fragment. Just by GOOGLING inox, I was quickly able to track the pressure cooker to INOX Professional Kitcheware and the sole pressure cooker that they offer for sale under the Cuisinox brand name. I suppose that the bomber(s) thought it too risky to just buy a common pressure cooker from Wal-Mart or some place like that.

Nevertheless, investigators are now combing through a digital mountain of photos and video clips and are asking the public for help in finding who planted these pressure cooker bombs at two points on Boylston Street.

"Someone knows who did this," said Rick DesLauriers, the special agent in charge of the FBI's Boston office. "Cooperation from the community will play a crucial role in this investigation."

I think when the general public can track down the actual pressure cooker used in this attack on GOOGLE from a small photo, it's not going to take long for the FBI to put the rest of the pieces of this puzzle together and make an arrest.


  1. Donald Miller said...
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.
  3. Anonymous said...
  4. Jeeze! You're right about it not taking long. 48 hours later and one was dead the other arrested.

Post a Comment