Fox News Salute To Andy Griffith Mocked By Readers Cheerful Over His Death

Posted: Wednesday, July 4, 2012 | Posted by Chico Brisbane | Labels: ,



It's no secret that the majority of readers drawn to The Fox Nation website are simply responding to the sound of  News Corps rightwing dog whistle, but this is sad. What was supposed to be a tribute article about the passing of an American Icon of movies and television turned into a proxy war against Barack Obama, ObamaCare, and Andy Griffith himself.

Below are a few comments, including my own that I pieced together. To be fair and balanced, I wrote a similar blog post about Huffington Post commentors back in May regarding the sudden death of Rick Beebe, a Tea Party candidate for supervisor of elections in Highlands County, Florida. Just I've done here with Fox Nation, I pointed out some very toxic comments on Huffington Post.  Here's a link before anyone tries to call me one sided.

3 COMMENTS:

  1. Anonymous said...
  2. This guy got 30,000,000 of taxpayer dollars to do a commercial for Obamacare.

  3. Chico Brisbane said...
  4. Where did you hear that? FOX NEWS?

  5. Anonymous said...
  6. Well I just came from huffpo comments on Andy Griffith's death and the number of cruel comments where very few. Faux Nation was damn near 50/50

Post a Comment