No Tea For Chick-fil-A

Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 | Posted by Chico Brisbane |





Today I gladly paid my taxes without a single complaint. What is there to complain about? – I live in the greatest country on the face of this earth and would pay double just for the asking. In fact, I’ve gotten a tax break from my democratic president Obama, yet I gotten two tax increases from my republican Governor Arnold Shwarzenegger.

It may behoove these “Tea Baggers” to start looking around for another country to call home if America isn’t working for them. April 15, 2009 my mark their manufactured revolt against taxes, but it marks the day that Chico Brisbane has eaten his last Chick-fil-A sandwich since I just learned that today,
Chick-fil-A is lending its support to the tea party protesters by providing a “free medium iced tea with any purchase.” Twitter user hayley842 posts this picture of a sign observed outside a Chick-fil-A restaurant:




The founders of Chick-fil-A, the Cathy family, “have been outspoken in their support of Republican social conservatives. Chick-fil-A has won praise from religious conservative for keeping its doors shut on Sundays.” John McCain spoke at the company’s suburban Atlanta headquarters during the presidential campaign. Next Monday, Dan Cathy, president of Chick-fil-A, will be addressing the Rocky Mountain Family Council, a conservative group dedicated to promoting “God’s design for the family to strengthen marriages and families in Colorado.”