Glenn Beck: I Don't Wanna Go See Obama

Posted: Monday, May 11, 2009 | Posted by Chico Brisbane | Labels: , , , ,


It pains me to inform everyone that Fox News' Glenn Beck claims to have not had a good time at the White House Correspondents' Dinner, but we'll wait to see if he documents his feelings on YouTube the way he did his ass-surgery, just for the sake of comparison.


People like me, who are foolish enough to receive his newsletter, got the full transcript of his discussion of the ordeal from his radio show today. President Barack Obama was "robotic," but "a very good speaker," and "funny," all the same. Like a Terminator built by ACORN that makes fun of Rahm Emanuel, I guess.


Glenn apparently was very impressed by Todd Palin:
Todd Palin came up. He was very nice. He's a normal human being. And I said, Todd, don't destroy this ... Don't destroy your family, don't destroy your family. Are you guys strong enough as a family to weather this slime? And he said, "I think so. I think so." And I said, just be really careful, man. This is just bad, this is bad stuff here. And he said, "Oh, I know, I know." But he was very optimistic and he was a good guy. And normal, just normal.


Yep. Just a normal guy from Alaska at a party on the other side of the country without his spouse and with Fox News' Greta Van Susteren as his official political handler. Things don't get more normal than that. Beck and life partner Stu discussed the Wanda Sykes, as well:


GLENN: Kidney failure? Kidney failure? Really?


STU: Well, the thing is, though, it's a comedian and it's not like the President the President wasn't ...


GLENN: I was thrilled. If you saw because apparently I read a one reporter said that they cut to me and I was stonefaced during that. I wasn't laughing. But somebody else, they saw me on C Span and they cut away and I was smiling, leaning over talking to my wife. I was smiling. I said, "These people are so stupid. They've just written my comedy tour."


STU: (Laughing).


GLENN: If this is the standard, oh, oh, I can't wait to go on and do comedy on stage. If this is the standard. Wanda Sykes, boy, I mean, I'm torn because I'd love you to be able to stand by my side and defend me when I list the people that I'd like to see get kidney failure.
So there you have it. Look for Beck's awesome comic riff on glomerular filtration and deranged acid levels, which, now that I type it, seems like something I could have predicted once I started juxtaposing the words "Glenn Beck" with "comedy tour."Anyway, it couldn't have been all that bad! Look how happy Glenn is to meet Karl Frisch of Media Matters For America!