- Chico Brisbane
Fox Nation takes a humerous comment by President Obama from an Associated Press article and spins it like a top. In the AP artical, Obama joked that the political battle over health care may have contributed to his rising colesterol level and how ironic it would be if health care drove him to an early grave. The Associated Press artical was titled "Obama's health care pitch to Democrats: Trust me."
The headline that FOX NATION ran with for what was nothing more then a link to the Associated Press story read: “Obama Invokes His Death in Health Care Talks.”
Invokes his death? Really? - "Invokes?" \in-vok\ - 1 (a) : to petition for help or support (b) : to appeal to or cite as authority.
The headline alone sent FoxNation commentors into a long thread of assassination fantasies and how good such a thing would be for the country. Obama's comment did not "invoke" his death via health care talks. It was FoxNation's twisted headline that not only invoked, but solicited and incited it's commentors to begin a dialog. A dialog that just might push that one unstable person that much closer to the edge.
The FoxNation comments below are a fine example of the mindset of the typical viewer that consideres Fox News to be a legitimate source for news and information. I mean exactly what is the difference between Fox News and an Al-Qaeda training camp? -
They're both recruiting tools for extreamist. Nothing more, nothing less.
- Chico Brisbane
COMMENTS FROM THE FoxNation Website
- This would be the best thing that could happen to the USA.
- wow that’s something that we can only dream about
- HEY MR. PREZ. PROMISE TO TELEVISE IT ON YOUR LAME STREAM MEDIA STATIONS,,,,, THE RATINGS WOULD GO THRU THE ROOF,,,
- Promise?! Whatever it takes. I’m running out of pins for my nobama chia pet.
- Many Americans wish we could grant you your wish The progressives are so desperate to shove down our throats that which we DO NOT WANT.
- They think they are so close, yet IF they pass it, it very well could be the literal de.ath of Obama, for TREASON.
- He KNOWS there is NO Constitutional authority for this take-over of healthcare.
- Go ahead, Obama, make America’s day.
- OBAMA SHOULD KNOW THAT HIS THREAT WOULD ONLY ANSWER OUR PRAYERS….
- So go ahead - do America a favor
- Frankly I would call it irony if he went to his grave because of health care! Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy!