The Only Good Thing Coming Out Of South Carolina Is Interstate 20

Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 | Posted by Chico Brisbane | Labels: , , , ,


Let’s see….South Carolina has a disgraced, adulterous Governor and a Congressman that is obviously disenchanted with a black man in the White House. The majority of the states citizenry are either lacking the will or the desire to oust Gov. Mark Sanford from office, so it’s more then likely that Rep. Joe Wilson’s (R-SC) outburst during President Obama’s address to congress last night, will not be met with any sense of outrage.


I guess they find it acceptable to have a Governor that abandons his State, his wife, and his children on Father’s Day to fly to Argentina to engage in an adulterous affair with a long term mistress. Now they have a congressman, Rep. Joe Wilson who went townhall crazy in the middle of a joint session of congress and called the President of The United States a liar.


That pretty much settles it! – The only good thing coming out of South Carolina now is Interstate 20.



Wilson apologized, but does not admit he is wrong, which calls into question why someone would apologize if they feel they’ve done nothing wrong. Particularly after describing thier own actions as a lack of civility.



"This evening I let my emotions get the best of me when listening to the President’s remarks regarding the coverage of illegal immigrants in the health care bill. While I disagree with the President’s statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the President for this lack of civility.”



However, Wison is wrong. The health plan does not cover illegal aliens. So, why he would suddenly blurt out “you’re lying!” during the Presidents address to congress is anybodies guess. It would be my best guess that the State of South Carolina has an adulterer in the State Capitol, a wonton racist in the United States House of Representatives, and a citizenry that couldn’t give a flying fuck about either.



I was all set to dig my heels in on any healthcare legislation without a public option, but Rep. Wilsons’s outburst has shifted my support squarely behind The President at all cost. It’s almost as if I’m a Republican and Bush is still in office.

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment